12 Days of DIY Christmas: Day 1

To celebrate the Christmas season, I’ve asked some of my closest(and creative) friends to share with us their favorite holiday DIY projects.  I’m excited to introduce you to my friends as well as their great ideas!  They will be sharing recipes, decorating ideas, projects you can do with your kids and more. Stay tuned for the next few weeks, and hopefully we will all be inspired to be creative this season!

Katie May’s DIY Fabric Wreath

I want to introduce you to my friend Katie May.  Katie might have more creative energy in her pinky than I do in my whole body!  Katie is a photographer as well, and I even have a bag named after her!  Katie is one of the 2 Sues that the 2 Sues Bag is named after.  Today, Katie is sharing with us her DIY Fabric Wreath.  The great part about this wreath is it’s a perfect project for Christmas, but you can make something like this for year round use as well.

Thanks Katie for sharing!!

written by (all posts by )

17 responses to “12 Days of DIY Christmas: Day 1”

1. angela woods says:

Love the wreath. I will give this a try for my front door.

2. Heather Monk says:

That is really cute!! Thanks for the tutorial! I might have to try that when I get some fabric.

3. Jessica says:

Love this idea!! So cute 🙂

4. This is AWESOME! I am hitting up Julie at zozo for some scraps to make one. It will cheer me up when I take the christmas wreath down for the season! 🙂

5. Ellie A. says:

I don’t have fabric but ribbon OH THAT I have plenty & have done wreaths with them. I’ve made small sizes & included them in gift baskets…Need to try this version!

6. ANETTESHUS says:

Very creative!! Beatiful!

xx
    ANETTE, Norway

7. Love it! I also think it would be cute in a nursery 🙂

8. cayce wegman says:

I recently made one but instead of purchasing a wire wreath I used a wire coat hanger and wrapped it twice (a small wreath) and bought a bunch of holiday colors at craft store in their clearance bin! such a great DIY!

9. Andrea says:

Thanks so much for this idea! I am having a ZoZoBugBaby Trunk Show tomorrow night and already had scraps…now I have a kick ass wreath to decorate the home with and show off at the party!!

10. This came out SO AWESOME!!! I made with my sons – ages 6, 8, and 13. It was easy enough for my youngest & creative/fun enough for my eldest. We had such a great time making these together and I know the Grandmas will appreciate a home made gift from their Grandsons. The only problem…now I want one for me 🙂

11. Lindsey says:

I love this! It’s such a cute idea an it will work for any holiday! I’m going to try and get one done for valentines day or a red, white and blue one would be perfect for the 4th of july! Thanks for sharing! Lindsey @lindseymatkovich.com/blog

12. Thank you for your article. Great.

13. This is one awesome post.Thanks Again. Wonderful.

14. Thanks so much for the blog article. Awesome.

15. Mary says:

Love your wreath! I was about to go into purge mode on my scrap stash too. Thank you, now I can justify keeping it!